Veteran South Florida Tax Attorney Richard S. Lehman will explain:
The I.R.S. New Amnesty Program
- Beginning taxable year 2012. The tax wake up call for Americans with unreported assets and/or income.
The New IRS Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
- The IRS Makes Changes To Offshore Bank And Foreign Asset Disclosure Programs
- The eligibilty for the streamlined procedure
- Quiet Disclosures, OVDP
- The test for willfulness
- The benefits of the streamlined procedure
Full Presentation Video: 1 hour
Presentation Resources: Download a set of presentation slides (50 pages): Download as pdf
Articles by Richard S. Lehman Esq:
- I.R.S. Makes Changes To Offshore Bank And Foreign Asset Disclosure Programs Read online
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA): Americans now required to disclose all foreign financial assets Read article online
- Foreign Financial Institutions: Reporting and Withholding United States Taxes Read article online
- The Amnesty Program for Unreported Foreign Income Read article online
Bonus I.R.S. Materials:
United States Treasury Decision 9567: IRS Temporary Regulations on reporting of specified foreign financial assets.
Instructions for Form 8930: Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets.
The New Treaty and Annex: download pdf -31 pages includes:
- Model Intergovernmental Agreement to Improve Tax Compliance and to Implement FATCA
- ANNEX 1: Due diligence obligations for identifying and reporting on U.S. Reportable accounts and on payments to certain non participating financial institutions
- ANNEX 2: Non-reporting [FATCA Partner] Financial Institutions and Products
IRS “Amnesty” Questions:
Contact Lehman Tax Law
If you would like to talk with Richard S. Lehman Esq, please fill out the form below or call our Boca Raton office 561-368-1113.